Principal User Experience (UX) Researcher - Austin, TX DellDesign
Austin, TexasJob ID R041430 Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
Principal User Experience (UX) Researcher – Austin, TX
Do you live and breathe Design? Is finding key concepts hidden deep inside real-world contexts second nature to you? Feel compelled to “design things right” in your everyday life…just for the sake of it? If you are eager to inform and guide elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo, then please then read on. We’re looking for highly talented design and user experience professionals to join our team, the Experience Design Group, to help us create industry changing designs for Dell, transform IT for companies, and mold the digital future for us all. This opportunity builds on the heritage of Dell and EMC, and their worldwide presence, to lead the next evolution of computing, cloud and data technologies.
Dell is seeking top talent for a Principal User Experience Researcher to be part of their Experience Design Group team in Austin, TX
We are seeking usability experts that have the confidence to design and lead research to understand user groups, their tasks, work environments, mental models, competitive landscape, and the rapidly evolving data landscape. The User Experience Researcher will use usability tools and research methods to design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies in order to understand users and their contexts, produce experience-related insights and fuel design innovation, and improve overall product usefulness and usability. The candidate will work closely with designers, product managers and engineers to identify and prioritize research opportunities and approaches. Responsibilities include designing and conducting studies, analyzing and reporting results, providing recommendations and shepherding key insights and solutions through to resolution.
- MS or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Design Anthropology or another appropriate discipline plus 6+ years of experience
- 6+ years of industry experience conducting user and design/experience research using various methods and working in-team with developers and designers
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, information architecture, experimental design as well as qualitative, ethnographic, and field research methods
- Experience with a broad range of data collection and analytical techniques such as survey construction/analysis, UI prototype development, usability testing, focus group facilitation, and semi-structured and unstructured observational methodsand statistical/quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to synthesize and summarize findings within and across studies and participants, identify and effectively communicate key insights and opportunities, and work with designers and product owners to turn them into great user experiences
- Ability to drive success in an engineering-driven organization (this is not an engineering position, but technical knowledge is very helpful)
- Submission of portfolio or Curriculum Vitae with application/resume
- Deep understanding consumer and productivity computing products and trends
- Experience working on hardware/software ecosystems
- Strong ability to influence teams and executives
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.