Presales Systems Engineer - Open Networking
Austin, TexasJob ID R25075 Date posted Feb. 28, 2019
Systems Engineer - Open Networking
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Systems Engineer on our Systems Engineering team.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- At this level, supports complex accounts
- Gains access and manages relationships with intermediate technical teams and department level IT leaders
- Assesses and verifies approach/method to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Understands, analyzes and applies industry and market knowledge to position value of the solution
- Understands and articulates strengths and vulnerabilities of the competition
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding
- Leverages appropriate internal people and teams to support the selling and customer care processes in the enterprise/client space
- Articulates to customers how our client products and services integrate with enterprise products and services
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and how our customers are being impacted, and what that means for us
- Experience with Open Networking, Scripting, Linux, and Automation with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Knowledge of VMware NSX, vSphere, vCenter
- Cloud Architectures
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.