North America Director Trade Compliance
Austin, TexasJob ID R046911 Date posted Dec. 09, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a North America Regional Director on our Global Operations team in Austin, TX.
Global import-export in the world of ground-breaking technology is a complicated business. It takes real attention to detail to comply with all U.S. and regional import and export regulations. Our Import-Export team within Materials and Procurement provides trade compliance support for end-to-end order management and delivery processes. We’re experts in what we do, from assessing global trade risk and providing mitigation strategies, to delivering strategic and tactical support in developing international supply chains, to implementing strategies to reduce import expenses and auditing all documentation.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with government and NGO authorities – to ensure win/win trade policy
Develop, maintain and or enhance strategies to reduce landed costs, duty and minimize cross border cycle time
Aligns regional trade and compliance capabilities with industry leading practices in partnership with all key stakeholders across the business
Ensures compliance with all import and export regulatory requirements regionally
Reviews internal strategies and control criteria for appropriate implementation in region
Develop, maintain and enhance trade compliance and operation metrics to ensure compliance & operational effectiveness
Bachelors in Int'l Business, Business or related Field. Min 15+ years trade experience with min 6 years previous management and operations experience.
- Consistent demonstration of regulatory knowledge and ability to define direction & create strategies that drive the organizations vision and direction.
- Expert in evaluation of risks, and demonstrate capability to assess risks to inform and guide decision making process
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and leverage relationships to track changing internal business needs, the regional trade environment and achieve best practice operations and trade compliance objectives
- Consistently achieves or exceeds work results and inspires strong sense of urgency and commitment of team members to ensure work completed on time and to standard and demonstrates trace record of practical application of regulatory frameworks and balancing compliance with business needs
- Demonstrated ability to translate broad plans or directives into clear assignments and expectations and fearlessly address tough challenges or problems when issues arise
- Strong adaptability to competing demands and shifting priorities and ability to integrate wide variety of information to arrive at optimal decisions/solutions while addressing all elements of an issue
- MBA in Int'l Business or JD degree
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Experience in Tech industry
- Experience in Multi-National organization
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you understand the complexities of global business from the perspective of import-export compliance, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.