Legal Operations Project Manager
Round Rock, Texas, Austin, Texas, United States;Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United StatesJob ID R044428 Date posted Nov. 09, 2019
Legal Operations Project Manager
Location: Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Project Manager on our Legal Operations team.
From commercial contracts to cyber security, IP to ethical practices – Dell’s Legal teams always have new, interesting and complex challenges to tackle. Legal Operations provides all the administrative, reporting and program management support they need to succeed. Whether focused locally, regionally or globally, Legal Operations professionals develop plans, oversee programs and processes and maintain records. They review legal data, provide policy information and legal advice across the organization and manage a wide range of legal business matters.
This is a full-time legal department position dedicated to driving fulfillment of the goals of the legal department's knowledge management and technology optimization initiative. This individual will provide end-to-end project management of Technology & Innovation initiatives, identifying major deliverables, support communication plans and change management activities. This person will support the Technology & Innovation initiatives with:
- Drafting and distributing communications
- Managing vendor relationships
- Logistical support for workshops
- Acting as project manager, managing the relationship with the IT/RPA Teams
- Conducting regular checkpoints with IT to ensure deliverables are on track and escalate any issues/roadblocks to leadership
- Ensuring IT deliverables meet the desired scope and quality of requirements
- Process improvement
This role requires someone who is knowledge management and technology savvy, results-driven with advanced project management experience, and able to direct project teams in a complex evolving technology environment.
- Provides end-to-end project management of Technology & Innovation initiatives; identifies major deliverables, supports communication plans and changes management activities
- Gains an understanding of the strategic direction, project goals/objectives and the associated level of effort in order to help determine realistic timelines required to achieve deliverables, make recommendations around project / change management approach and offer viable solutions for opportunities as they arise
- Leads project status meetings to report on project progress, highlighting accomplishments, risks/challenges, issues and key decision points necessary
- Effectively monitors execution of projects, coordinates deliverables across the broader team, recognizes challenges/risks ahead to proactively address and adapt plans as needed
- Monitors and supports production and quality to customer/stakeholder/sponsor standards and implementation of change practices
- Seeks out and enables process improvement opportunities and activities
- Manages the master calendar of deliverables to understand impact to stakeholders, raises items of conflict and proactively reports out to the team
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5+ years work experience as a project manager
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA)
- Analytical and strong organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively and function well in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high degree of poise and tact in interfacing with and presenting to internal customers, including executives
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential information
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who feels comfortable making decisions
- Project management experience within a corporate legal department, law firm or legal vendor firm
- Six Sigma Certification or other process optimization experience/expertise
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready for the variety and challenge that comes with supporting a dynamic Legal function in a game-changing global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.