Front End Procurement, Value Engineering - Austin, TX
Austin, TexasJob ID R76373 Date posted Jun. 03, 2019
Front End Procurement-Value Engineer (Technical Program Manager)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Value Engineering team member on our Front End Procurement team in Austin.
With a global remit, our Technical Program Management professionals lead cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce game-changing new products and solutions. It’s about making sure we offer customers the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and financials. And when products and solutions are in development, it’s about driving everything from definition through to planning, development and launch across global development centers and multiple lines of business. The team is also crucial to getting shipping right. All in all, it is a fascinating and incredibly varied area.
- - Develop and communicate at all org levels Next Generation Dell Technologies Server Electrical Value Engineering bottoms up pre-concept through product development cost analysis
- - Drive product cost optimization through product development, procurement and product teardown activities and teams.
- - Maintain program cost analysis schedule milestone alignment with Program Management and core teams.
- - Interface with many other procurement teams to develop Server component and system level cost analysis
- 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE); or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design/Engineering
- Strong program management skills
- Strong strategic & influencer skills to guide X-functional teams in the appropriate direction
12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE); or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
5+ years of experience in Procurement and/or Engineering
Existing knowledge of overall design cycle, landscape, and driving cross functional alignment
Knowledge of existing electrical and/or mechanical technologies and processes
Fundamental understanding of Design For Cost/Value avoidance
Strong program management skills
Strong strategic & influencer skills to guide X-functional teams in the appropriate direction
Familiarity with x86 technologies
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.