Director, North America Channel Networking
Austin, TexasJob ID R030415 Date posted Aug. 20, 2019
Director, North America Channel Networking
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director, North America Channel Networkingon our Direct Sales team in Austin, TX.
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the most dynamic sales teams in Dell EMC to help drive networking channel sales growth across North America. This is an external role with the key responsibility to develop and execute the Dell EMC Networking channel strategy across the North America region, empowering and enabling our partners to collaborate with Dell EMC Networking to exceed revenue targets. The role provides full responsibility for a team of sales and technical specialists focusing on the networking reseller and distribution partners in the region. Reporting to the world-wide Dell EMC Networking Director, the North America channel director will drive region/country wide specific strategic initiatives, while also working with the team and building individual partner relationships. Furthermore, you will effectively collaborate with other teams, including the direct sales team, channel, professional services, marketing, finance and other external parties that compliment your go to market strategy for the region. This is a dynamic leadership role, challenging from an entrepreneurial and leadership perspective, you will use your experience with structured sales techniques to help the channel sales team achieve their goals, and yours.
- Responsible for developing and executing on all aspects of the networking channel business and strategy for North America. Implementing an approach that enables deep collaboration with our partners driving increased sales, achieving and exceeding revenue goals.
- Directly manages team of channel sales/technical specialists across North America and relationships with internal stakeholders, including regional/country leadership teams and a broad spectrum of other functions.
- Develops and trains networking channel team to improve team’s business acumen and partner knowledge, manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce, providing direction, development and inspiration to the team.
- Creates and executes operational rigor, responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Responsible for articulating Dell EMC Networking vision and strategy, driving and measuring Dell EMC Channel program requirements and participation.
- 8-10+ years managing a team of Sales Professionals and managing up to Senior Director and VP level reports – and will have demonstrated experience of performing a similar role with networking or comparable environment with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ability to influence at a senior executive level, motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, comfortable and experienced engaging at the CxO level.
- High level of personal credibility, customer relationship management, networking and interpersonal skills, establishes positive working relationships with partners, colleagues and management peers.
- Proven track record in the development and implementation of strategic plans across a region in a way that maximizes ROI and leverages best practices.
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high-pressure environments with ambitious achievement goals.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.