Dell DevOps Architect, Technical Staff (Technical Architect Lead for Cloud Native Transformation) in Austin, TX - Digital-IT
Austin, TexasJob ID R90522 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
Dell DevOps Architect, Technical Staff (Tech Lead for Cloud Native Transformation) in Austin, TX
Why Work at Dell?
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. And more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees, and offer growth and development opportunities for our team members. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as part of our team.
Dell Digital’s transformation team is modernizing Business capabilities that we deliver for our customers and internal team members. Modernizing applications to become Cloud Native, and powered by end to end DevOps Enablement is a key component of this transformation.
What You Will Love About This Job:
As our DevOps Architect Technical Staff (Tech Lead for Cloud Native Transformation), you will be responsible for all aspects of DevOps Architecture - including Technology, Process and Automation. You will be a hands-on enterprise level Architect, and also a trusted advisor for the DevOps enablement team as well as the Application teams. In this role, you will be architecting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipeline as Products for Cloud Native Applications and Traditional Web Applications across Dell IT. These are developed using containers for orchestration and self-service enablement for our development teams. Your work will enable adoption of end to end DevOps across application teams, and drive the adoption of this capability across application teams.
Your ability to not only code and configure tools but also your deep understanding of Cloud Technologies, developing cloud platforms, and ability to assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to the success of our future state.
If you are a high emotional quotient (EQ) person talented in working with varied stakeholders and also communicating clearly with senior leadership, enjoy working with a holistic view of DeOps including Test Driven Development, and have the desire to serve as a Change Agent across IT, then Dell Digital is an excellent fit for you and we are excited to get to know you!
As our Key Architect Lead, you will be driving the evolution of our CI/CD environment that will scale to support Dell IT’s evolution to cloud Native Application Architecture Delivery. You will work at both strategic and hands on levels partnering with many talented architects, and across many workstreams of enterprise and application architecture to connect the dots, for cloud application solutions and our future state:
- Architect end to end CI/CD Solutions for automating software delivery for both: 1) Cloud Native Solutions deployable on Pivotal Cloud Foundry PaaS Platform, and for 2) traditional n-tier Web Application either on the .NET or Java stack
- Drive the DevOps assessment of current state and enablement for applications across Dell Digital
- Research and develop best of breed technologies around automation across traditional web applications, as well as Cloud Native applications that leverage Pivotal Cloud Foundry PaaS Platform
- Review key Architectural patterns and solutions developed by other technical architects within the DevOps enablement team
- Be the trusted Architecture Thought Leader for our many development segments, as well as for our DevOps enablement team, acting as a liaison with other Architects (security, infrastructure, EA and Application) and with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile and Pivotal methodology
- Mentor delivery team technical leads and developers
15 years of relevant experience required plus a Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related degree desired), or 12 years plus a Master, or equivalent experience; Experience to include:
- Polyglot programmer/Architect competent and comfortable in various development environments, including DevOps and Build Tools experience architecting end to end CI/CD solutions for very large enterprises (including platforms like Jenkins or GitLab), very senior level architecture/development experience in .Net stack or Java/Spring application platforms, and experience in VMware based production including virtualization and Cloud enablement
- Experience in both traditional web and Cloud Native application architecture, with working knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS); Demonstrated experience migrating traditional applications to Cloud Native platforms, experience with Public cloud (Azure or AWS) and deep understanding of Cloud services
- Deep understanding of Micro service Architecture and REST based implementation of APIs
- Design experience with DevOps solutions leveraging Docker containers and Kubernetes container orchestration
- Experience in automation frameworks, preferably Puppet
- Strong experience in Linux administration and scripting (5 years in Ubuntu preferred), plus scripting skills (Powershell, Python, Bash etc)
- Excellent communications skills at all levels from staff to executive leadership, including relationship building skills as a collaborative team player and leader via building trust, listening, negotiating and persuading
- Knowledge of Pivotal Container Services (PKS)
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry or open source Cloud Foundry platform
- Experience as a trusted and inspiring team lead, technical lead, or people manager
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.