Cloud Security Architect, Security & Resiliency Operations (SRO)
Austin, TexasJob ID R034026 Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
Cloud Security Architect, Security & Resiliency Operations
Location: Bedford, MA or Remote - US
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek women and men who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
The Cloud Security Architect will assist with and execute on RSA Security Programs with a specific focus on FedRAMP enablement and ensuring the broader security of our cloud adoption and services. This position focuses on the design, execution and growth of our FedRAMP services and related continuous monitoring requirements and reporting around our monitoring and compliance programs including enterprise risk management, information security, vulnerability management, third party risk, and related controls.
The role will support the Security Architecture program as a key member of the program. This position will work directly with technical and business leadership across the organization.
- Develops, designs, maintains, grows and socializes our existing FedRAMP and cloud related programs
- Provides technical Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation for our FedRAMP and Cloud Solutions
- Ensures that the technical controls are adequately implemented and feeds into the larger security monitoring environments
- Identifies potential threats and vulnerabilities for business processes, products, and data to assist in the compliance with FedRAMP and CSA
- Partners with all business units to train and promote adoption of security, risk and compliance best practices
- Develops project requirements, objectives, plans, schedules and tasks related to security activities
- Assists with the maintenance and adoption of the cloud compliance programs
- Supports audit-related tasks to ensure the readiness of managers and their teams for audit testing and ensures timely resolution of audit findings for the cloud environments
- Aids in documentation and design work of new cloud initiatives; acts as a consultant to the business to ensure new products are deployed securely
- Facilitates compliance with the internal control standards via regular monitoring of related activities using RSA Archer
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies, standards and procedures require change and aiding in the facilitation of the same
- Manages the progress of remediation steps on identified control deficiencies using RSA Archer
- Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field with 10+ years relevant experience; or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in Security Architecture and/or Engineering
- Cloud Security experience for FedRAMP moderate, CSA and rated control structures
- Experience in Engineering cloud security architecture solutions
- Experience operating in and leveraging native controls found in GCP, Azure and AWS, mapping to NIST CSF and 800-53r4
- Experience performing Cloud Security Assessments for standard frameworks such as PCI, CSA and NIST
- Public Cloud Security Certifications (such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, CCSP, CISSP, ISSAP, CISM)
- Expertise architecting Cloud Service Provider (CSP) hosted solutions including areas such as crypto, network, SecDevOps, IAM, MFA and cloud migration/governance
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT related knowledge and experience in solving technical security issues
- Strong problem-solving skills with an inquisitive nature and attention to detail; ability to manage questions and conflict with our business stakeholders while finding solutions that work for the business
- Strong task management and communication skills (written and oral) with internal organizations and external/internal partners; ability to express medium complexity technical concepts in business terms
- Excellent teamwork and client service skills
- Possession of standard certifications in Information Security or Compliance preferred (CSA, ISC2 and CISSP)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can ensure the highest level of security for our customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.