C# .Net Engineer
Austin, TexasJob ID R1902077 Date posted Feb. 14, 2019
VMware End-User Computing Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by technical leadership, fearlessness, and intense focus on customer success. Our mission is to empower employees to easily access corporate applications, content, email, and more, from any of their devices, while ensuring enterprise grade management and security. We’re always looking to amplify our impact, and work smarter while continuously evolving how software is made. Our work directly impacts over 20 million people across 20,000 customers by delivering the world’s best Enterprise Mobility Management suite.
Ready to improve the way work is done across the world?
The .Net Engineer role at VMware showcases your ability to work from the front of the stack all the way through the services tier to the back end showing abilities to move from a user centric focus crafting high quality user interfaces to middle, and back end work where you can add customer value on new features as well as support, and extend existing ones.
The Full Stack Engineer will:
- Show effective, and constructive communication, teamwork, and delivery skills
- Work on a small team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
- Climb new technology learning curves while learning the Windows 10 modern device management domain.
- Collaborate with engineering leads to deliver new functionality as well as improve, and tackle bugs in existing code
- Bring a strong sense of code ownership
What you’ll bring along:
- Strong, meaningful experience building internet enabled (web, mobile, services) enterprise-class software systems and services.
- 2+ years’ of significant experience with REST services design and development required (C# asp.net web api, Express.js, Hapi.js, Restify.js or Java Spring applies).
- 4+ years of relevant experience on C#
- A developer level understanding of databases required.
- Bachelor of Science – Computer Science or equivalent
What would be useful to have:
- Cloud based PaaS usage (Azure, AWS)
- Docker experience desirable
- User experience capabilities / Good basic UX design sense (can tell a good design from a bad design, raise issues etc)
- Application, and services based security understanding (oauth2, CORS, SQL Injection, etc.)
What you’ll get:
- Learn from a larger Enterprise Mobility Management team where almost every coding language is touched, and every device type is considered
- An authentic technical career path that reaches to the top with a support cast that will help you down your journey
- An amazingly engineer friendly environment providing a taste of the best of Silicon Valley in Austin.
- Opportunities to give back to the larger technology community as well as your local ones
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign.
** We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**