Business Program Development Manager-Cloud Infrastructure
Austin, TexasJob ID R034163 Date posted Sep. 14, 2019
Business Program Development Manager- Cloud Infrastructure
Austin, TX or Round Rock, TX - (local candidates only)
Dell Technologies currently has an exciting opportunity open for a Business Program Development Manager- Cloud Infrastructure to work out of our Austin or Round Rock, TX office. The Program Manager applies his/her knowledge of cross-functional software program teams including quality, engineering, product management, support readiness and marketing to plan and guide the delivery of sophisticated Cloud Platform and Cloud enabled infrastructure solutions from inception through end-of-life.
This is a NEW Cloud Program Manager position with the objective to make Dell Technologies a leader in the hybrid- and multi-cloud world; cloud success requires us to transform how we do business: how we sell, how we price, how we support, and how we build our products. In this critical and highly visible role you will work closely with business leaders to develop cloud capabilities that will be sustainable and scalable as more of our business is offered and consumed as a service.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the cross-functional planning and go to market readiness for several Cloud and Cloud Infrastructure solutions.
- Develop and maintain multiple highly complex technical programs that include diverse practices, services and/or initiatives
- Identify key internal relationships to support better alignment of our delivery teams; facilitate inter-organizational and cross SAB communication and issue resolution.
- Facilitate, coordinate and lead cross-functional/SAB teams to complete program and/or project plans, tasks and milestones according to commitments.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver on goals.
- Provide regular program status demonstrating execution to scheduled activities, assessing risks, and predicting potential areas needing attention; practice active risk and issue management.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand the product/solution roadmap and key areas of integration for the Dell EMC, VMware and Pivotal product lines.
- Champion programs/projects that effect long range goals and objectives.
- Influence and ensure execution of continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
- Constantly strive to improve self and team's productivity.
- Must be an Outstanding/Influencer leader and can think outside the box
- Extensive experience as a program leader within the cloud space; experience with any of the following is highly desired, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management. Problem-solve in real time at peer and exec levels
- Proven ability to establish relationships of mutual trust with program teams to drive efficient software program teams and manage dependencies.
- Software lifecycle experience required; experience working with Agile development teams desired
- Strong ability to seize initiative and create and drive product and process agenda
- Ability to work with remote, geographically dispersed product delivery teams, with minimal direct guidance
- Cloud enabled infrastructure experience is a plus
Experience and Education
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree: or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in a hardware and software development environment
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.