Business Operations Director, WW Technical Account Management
Austin, TexasJob ID R1903965-1 Date posted Mar. 18, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As part of the Worldwide Professional Services Operations Leadership team, the Business Operations Director will be responsible for end-to-end operational support, partnering with the Sales and Delivery field as well as other leaders across the company to drive bookings, revenue and margin target achievement through a comprehensive, real-time understanding of the business. Reporting to the Senior Director of Worldwide Professional Services Operations, the successful candidate will partner with both GEO & regional/field leaders and Worldwide Operations teams to provide business intelligence and visibility via comprehensive in-quarter forecasting, out-quarter pipeline/opportunities assessment, trend analysis, commissions/compensation modeling and execution.
- Function as key point-of-contact for Core License Operations, in GEO Professional Service Operations and Sales teams, providing up-to-date forecasting and data views
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with GEO & regional Sales and TAM leaders and teams as a strategic business partner
- Act as general point of escalation for the field for any Sales, Delivery Operations or deal issues/challenges
- Function as liaison between Sales/Delivery field and offshore operations analysis, supporting complex/non-standard escalations, and ensuring quality and SLAs
- Validate commissions and participate in regional quota/compensation modeling
- Work with Worldwide Operations teams on new tool and reporting assessment and development
- Provide regular reporting and dashboards on business performance to senior leadership
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Broad knowledge of Professional Services and the processes, challenges and business context associated with PS, based on experience in a variety of roles/functions
- Knowledge of sales and revenue forecasting processes and approaches
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Ability and willingness to interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce, PSA tools, and complex Excel preferred
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage.
- Do you have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives?