Business Intelligence and Senior Data Analyst - Product Security
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, United States;Round Rock, Texas, United StatesJob ID R040399 Date posted Oct. 14, 2019
Business Intelligence and Senior Data Analyst
Location: Hopkinton, MA or Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Business Intelligence and Senior Data Analyst on our Product & Application Security team.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence and Data Analyst to join our Product & Application Security team. This individual will work with internal and external partners to perform business data analysis, develop data visualizations and reporting tools and artifacts through both the refinement of existing legacy reports and/or the creation of new dashboards and reports. In developing and supporting user-friendly analytic reporting tools, this candidate will help enable internal and external partners to make data-driven business decisions.
- Develops and supports multiple reporting, analyses and data initiatives across Dell’s Product & Application Security organization
- Collaborates with Product & Application Security domain leads to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and operational metrics
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to integrate key Product & Application Security metrics into other reporting initiatives and frameworks (Security & Resilience, Product & Operations, IT, Customer Support, Quality etc.)
- Defines and develops the infrastructure and processes required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets from a wide variety of data sources
- Develops intuitive dashboards and reports that provide visibility into key performance indicators across all Product & Application Security programs
- Creates and updates operational executive dashboards, reports, and templates
- Designs, creates and publishes weekly, monthly & quarterly operational reports
- Produces high quality output in a clear format that highlights actionable data points
- Develops and manages ongoing process improvements to the reporting workflow focusing on automation, accuracy, and timeliness of information
- Develops best practices and benchmarks for data analysis and reporting for the team
- Proactively engages internal and external partners to identify reporting needs and opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Drives transition from delivering metrics in presentations to showing live metric reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Risk Management, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of related experience, specifically in Engineering Operations, Security Operations, Product Lifecycle Management, and/or Incident Response; understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong expertise with Excel, Python, SQL, and other like scripting/reporting tools
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA Core, JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk) or other workflow management systems
- Ability to dialogue with engineering at a reasonable level of technical depth
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally to track and measure against a stated list of goals, objectives or KPIs
- Ability to prioritize projects, tasks and deliverables and manage dynamic priorities; Ability to drive cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business intelligence experience desired, preferably with some experience working with cross-functional teams to gather requirements
- Program management experience in a technology/software company
- Experience in security and risk management is a plus
- Previous Governance experience is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.