Alliances Advisory Sales Engineer - MDC - Hybrid
Austin, TexasJob ID R79811 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
Modern Data Center Advisory SE (Pre-Sales Engineer)
The MDC Advisory SE will provide technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned region. Gather requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on storage infrastructure platforms that integrate with virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements. This opportunity is ideal for a proven pre-sales professional with direct contacts and experience in the enterprise account space. We are seeking highly technical individuals who are results driven with the ability to influence others to achieve results.
The Modern Data Center Advisory SE will be required to make technical and sales presentations to customer’s business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the Account Manager. Must be extremely proficient with EMC storage platforms and /or competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Assist the Account Manager in sales campaigns by developing technical responses to customer’s requests and proposals:
- Define solutions with sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies.
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to solutions, and train the account and partner teams.
- Establish relationships with the parent account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Executes technical sales calls.
- Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customers and sales objectives.
- Completes required pre-sales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects, and management.
- Possess detailed product./technology/industry knowledge of job associated software and applications.
Pre-Sales expertise in complex sales campaigns focused on data center solutions. Highly organized and seasoned technical pre-sales expert with exceptional relationship development skills coupled with a history of consistent goal achievement within a highly resource-matrixes environment. Additional:
- Technical Account Management experienced coupled with a consultative approach.
- Must have highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification and/or VMware Certified Professional desired.
- Candidates must have 8+ years’ experience in a pre-sales, customer facing role.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management, along with orchestration is preferred. Applications and knowledge of their effect on IT are highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Dellis committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dellhere.