Visual UX Designer - Secureworks - Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA, or US-Remote
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R64797 Date posted Jul. 03, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Secureworks is a world-class cybersecurity organization that has just launched RedCloak TDR, a new SaaS cybersecurity product that will enable IT professionals worldwide to monitor and secure their environments. We’re hiring for a UX team that will build the design vision for this next generation of cybersecurity software.
Our team is agile and growing. We are looking for multi-talented designers that can excel in one role and support in others. We need someone to anchor the Visual side of things—
someone to collaborate with the UX Design team to develop concepts and then build out the completed high fidelity visual and interaction designs. The application is data-dense and highly interactive, so the position will demand a visual designer who understands how UX and interaction design can blend with their visual skills.
- Transforming wireframes and sketches into pixel-perfect designs and documentation for presentation to engineers, managers, peers, and senior execs.
- Developing interactive prototypes for testing and demonstrating design concepts.
- Championing best practices in visual and interaction design.
- Assisting in the development and evaluation of wireframes.
- Working with Engineers and QA to ensure our designs are implemented in the best way imaginable.
- 5+ years of experience in Visual design.
- Demonstrated experience in Interaction design.
- Demonstrated experience working with enterprise web applications.
- Fluent in best practices for interactive data visualizations.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to rapidly build pixel perfect designs in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Proficiency in modern wireframing, visual design and prototyping tools.
- Ability to lead meetings for diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate the value and purpose of visual and UX design concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more additional disciplines of UX Design such as: User Research, Usability Evaluation, or Information Architecture.
- Experience working with or developing a Design Language System.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma or Invision.
- Experience working with Agile development teams.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.