Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1906231 Date posted May. 15, 2019
The Engineering Services team at VMware is responsible for source control management, builds and management of various tools that R&D teams use throughout the SDLC. This role falls within our Engineering Services team and you will work closely with the Development, Release Management, QE and Product Management teams to help define solutions to drive the execution of our increasingly Agile SDLC.
This team is seeking Engineers with hands on experience in Linux/Windows/Mac systems and scripting. The Engineer would be expected to develop scripts and tools to help automate release processes and build infrastructure management.
- Automate build/configuration management and release engineering tasks
- Manage source repositories and branches using Git
- Drive continuous integration with tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins
- Design, set up and enforce standards, conventions, processes and procedures for development as well as build and release engineering related activities
- Troubleshoot build/unit test and build infrastructure issues
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 2-4 years work experience
- Strong skills in scripting languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, bash etc.)
- Strong experience with build tools and CI/CD methodologies
- Strong experience with Windows system administration
- Experience with configuration management tools preferred (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Understanding of source control management tools (git)
- Experience with macOS/Linux administration preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a development related role is nice to have
- Experience with Java, C#, Android/iOS development is nice to have
- Knowledge of MySQL/Postgres databases is nice to have
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and within a diverse, fast-paced environment
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign.