Software Senior Engineer - Python or Go - Secureworks - Atlanta, GA or Providence, RI
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R25770 Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation security software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. You will work with our security research team to get exposure to what threat actor’s do. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- You will be designing, developing, and testing software in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology, including cloud services
- We protect our customers by disrupting attacker tradecraft so we can deny them access to the networks we protect
- Very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from Internet intrusions
- Work as part of a team of highly motivated software engineers responsible to design, develop & test new and existing applications
- We operate in a Squad Model environment
- Be a strong team player who can easily collaborate with software engineers, key stakeholders in Product Management, Operations, Quality Assurance and other teams
- We operate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Participates in product development in all stages including planning, design, development, testing, implementation and post deployment support
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 year Python or Go development experience required
- Backend development, storage searching manipulating data experience needed
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation); be project-oriented with ability to work with minimal day-to-day direction; be highly motivated; and willing to work in a team environment
- Proven development, design, documentation and review experience
- Use of a variety of tools to perform unit testing, builds, and source control
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience needed
- Experience with Cloud Computing Services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with developing software systems in other high-level languages
- Experience following Agile methodology
- Track record working in a geographically distributed development environment
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere.