Senior Manager, Technical Enablement - Global Services and Support
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1903961 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The global Technical Services Center of Excellence (TSCoE) is part of VMware’s WW Readiness Accreditation Certification & Enablement (WW RACE) organization. The TS CoE team consults and prescribes technical enablement for our global customer facing technical services teams. This includes managing enablement content and assets, maintaining accreditation and other solutions training programs, creating learning paths and other enablement designed to educate internal and partner individuals. The TS CoE also provides enablement to help them to successfully position, sell business value and provide technical guidance around VMware products and solutions. The goal of the TS CoE team is to simplify learning, making it easy for VMware and partner technical teams to obtain the knowledge and skills they need to be more successful in selling and implementing VMware solutions.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Senior Manager, Technical Enablement (TEM). The ideal candidate is a collaborative self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. In addition, a successful candidate will have strong experience managing senior relationships, have analytical and project management skills with an ability to work with a larger team to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage enablement programs through completion. A successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting/conflicting priorities to ensure timely results. Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with multiple internal key stakeholders and peers is mandatory. The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the inner workings of our Global Services and Support organization
The Senior Manager, Technical Enablement will work with our Global Services and Support teams. The ideal candidate will optimize core curriculum, participate in skills assessment measurements and coordinate instruction with hands-on activities in classroom and remote delivery models. This role will work closely with our Enablement Business Partners, Technical SMEs, Instructional Designers, Technical Leads, Professional Services Engineering and other key global stakeholders to prepare internal teams for enablement programs. This role will be responsible for assisting the core teams for the implementation and ongoing delivery of global internal training programs, and their continuous improvement.
• Assist in the development and execution of enablement programs for our Global Services and Support teams
• Help maintain a standard set of content and adjust enablement to meet the needs of those roles
• Report KPIs that measure adoption of learning programs
• Provide feedback to content owners/developers and ensure that content is aligned with stakeholder skills development needs.
• Maintain standards for a consistent look and feel with other learning paths, programs and content.
• Meet with and develop relationships with VMware teams as required in order to gain feedback and insight on what they need from an enablement aspect to successfully position, sell and deliver VMware products and solutions
• Represent the TSCoE and WWRACE organization by exercising VMware’s EPIC2 values.
- Previous experience in a GSS or professional services customer-facing role is preferred.
- Prior experience in managing enablement programs is desirable.
- Collaborative in nature, positive outlook, and attitude with the ability to be polite and professional in all forms of communications (written, spoken and telephone), even under duress
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and handle tough conflicting situations in a professional manner
- Ability to work in a global team and understand multiple cultural perspectives
- Ability to work independently, use solid judgment and create “client-ready” deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Communication, or Technology
- A superb communicator, both written and verbal, including strong professional presentation experience
- Proven ability to work in dynamic work environments with limited supervision to deliver results
- Analyzing audience needs and tying them to business requirements.
- Skills that are desirable but not essential
- Experience with SABA Learning Management Systems or equivalent LMS systems.
- Project management experience, preferably with large educational initiatives is desired (PMP certification a plus)
- 5+ years of relevant Information Technology industry experience
- Experience with VMware products and solutions and/or enterprise mobility management. VMware certification is helpful, but not required.
- Certification in a recognized Sales methodology training is a plus
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- Do you have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives?
- Do you have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage?