Software QA Automation Engineer – Secureworks – Austin, TX or Remote
Austin, Texas, Remote - California, United States (All Other);Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County);Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - District of Columbia, United States;Remote - Florida, United States;Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - North Carolina, United StatesJob ID R045579 Date posted Nov. 19, 2019
Senior Software QA Automation Engineer
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
As a Principal Software QA Automation Engineer, you will be a key member of an exciting new product development initiative. You will be responsible for designing, creating and managing automated software testing harnesses in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology, including Cloud services. We protect our customers by disrupting attacker tradecraft so we can deny them access to the networks we protect. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from Internet intrusions.
The ideal applicant must have strong communication skills, solid analytical and problem solving skills and in-depth knowledge of the software manual and automated testing best practices. Applicant must be highly motivated and willing to work in a team environment with very talented individuals on complex, early-stage development projects.
- Defining and automating end-to-end test cases and incorporating use case scenarios that will help on continuous deployment
- Debugging and defining issues based on end-to-end testing
- Scale and performance tests
- Installing, configuring and maintaining automated testing framework
- Design, implement and manage software automated testing strategy and harnesses from inception
- Evaluate new software testing technologies for appropriateness
- Work with TFS or GIT and other development automated build and code repository frameworks
- Perform software testing in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Minimum of 4 years of developing, deploying and maintaining QA automated testing frameworks
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Linux and Cloud based applications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with REST API calls
- Minimum of 2 years of Python programming experience
- Strong Linux background (system level)
- Experience in load testing tools (JMeter, Grinder, Gatling, Locust) and ability to define performance metrics
- Experience working in Container and/or other microservices environments
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum development teams
- DevOps tools development experience is a big plus
- Experience with TFS or GIT and other development automated build and code repository frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere