Senior Software Principal Engineer
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R79052 Date posted Jan. 08, 2019
Cloud Software Principal Engineer
Remote US or out of our Atlanta Office
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Our Virtustream Managed Cloud Platform Team is seeking a detail oriented experienced cloud software engineer to join their team. The right candidate will possess a can-do attitude, and a strong desire to be part of a fast-paced, deadline driven team.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
- Must have development experience in web front end technologies, primarily TypeScript, but also CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of virtualization or VMware products is a benefit, specifically cloud related solutions such as vSphere
- Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus
- Possess excellent communications skills and a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience (Advanced degrees preferred)
- Development of TypeScript web application, including wireframe design, code implementation, and testing
- Contribute to troubleshooting and performance analysis activities
- Collaborate the API developers to provide a rich and robust user experience
- Perform UI integration
- Participating in collaborative projects with software engineering teams
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.