Senior Software Engineer – Java - Secureworks - Providence, RI or Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R90866 Date posted Feb. 01, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Technical Solutions Group delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- As a Full Stack Squad team member, follow Agile Scrum methodology and DevOps principles and practices
- Contribute to all aspects of software development, build, deploy, manual and automated testing, Production and operational support
- Analyze business needs, recommend, design and implement software solutions with a focus in Java, Linux, TCP/IP, networking, security and open source technologies
- Prepare design, implementation and support documentation
- Draft, revise, and maintain test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent work experience; typically a minimum of 7 years working experience in development
- 4 + years Java development experience required
- Experience working with MySQL/SQL
- Experience working with Linux Command Line (RHEL/CentOS)
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Experience with Agile development and test process (Scrum)
- DevOps experience with AWS or Azure platform
- Experience working with applications such as Ansible, Maven, GIT, Stash, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, qTest
- Experience with manual testing, as well as writing and executing test automation code in Java, using automation libraries and frameworks to test Java Web applications, REST web-services and back office systems
- Experience with creating VM instances and working with VMware infrastructure
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.