Senior Product Manager
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1810897 Date posted Oct. 24, 2018
VMware software powers the world’s most complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. As a team, our employees grow with forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative dedication to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. We are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community.
We are looking for an experienced Product Management leader to be part of our End User Computing Group.
The Product Management group is a dedicated team of sharp thinkers tasked with VMware’s most challenging and important growth initiatives. Working closely with the engineering teams, customers, executive leadership, and sales & marketing teams - they leverage their technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for establishing a product vision and strategy for the Workspace ONE core platform. As our platform continues to expand, this is a critical role to maintain trust with our customers and maintain agility for our team and our customers.
The role requires an individual with strong leadership and analytical skills who can create a shared vision for VMware’s End User Computing business unit.
The role requires passion for building outstanding products and cloud services that customers love to use, appreciation for working with great engineers, willingness to do what it takes to help the field grow the business, wisdom to make tough tradeoffs and keep up with a high pace growth environment.
• Must set priorities to ensure VMware meets the needs of our customers while ensuring that our services align with our overall architectural roadmap
• Drive rationalization of overlapping capabilities across existing products and services to reduce footprint of deployments and simplify reference architecture, while maintaining customer needs
• Ensures that engineering teams and architects are aligned
• Facilitates communication (written and verbal) to get products and services launched and enable agility across the organization
• Uses a diplomatic style and approach to ensure success
• Works directly with customers and partners to understand the issues not currently addressed and influence change within our product and engineering teams to address these problems
• Establishing practice for Usage Analytics across products and services within End User Computing
• Writes White Papers, Blogs, Competitive Analysis and other technically focused documents to aid in customer communication and product marketing
• Collaborates with marketing, sales and partners to drive revenue opportunities
• Collaborates with engineering on solution designs
• 7+ years in product management, technical marketing or solutions architecture
• Experience delivery solutions for enterprise customers within the End User Computing market
• Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity
• Dynamic and engaging speaker at ease in front of audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
• Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
• Demonstrated analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data- driven decision making. You should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in situations of uncertainty or imperfect data
• Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what’s most important
• Experience delivering endpoint management or enterprise mobility solutions is preferred
• Provide leadership while never forgetting that you’re a team player
• Willing to travel up to 30% time
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field with MS. MBA a plus
This position is eligible for theJoinEUCreferral campaign.