Senior Consultant, Cyber Security Services – Secureworks – Remote / Charlotte
Charlotte, North CarolinaJob ID R81138 Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Senior Consultant, Cyber Security Services - Secureworks - Remote
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Our Residency business at Secureworks is growing! Secureworks is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our management team and help support our Residency Practice and Enterprise Security Programs. The ideal candidate will have experience in supporting large, geographically dispersed (sometimes-global) teams of security technical experts who are delivering services to enterprise clients. This role will establish direct connections into Secureworks Security Operations Centers for knowledge sharing, department interlocks, tools and escalation processes to support Residents in the field. This 2-way communication will assist us in delivering an excellent client experience.
- Act as a strategic leader for our client base
- Partner across Secureworks Lines of Business to drive issue resolution on client’s behalf
- Work as a team to assist in direct service delivery outcomes
- Identify and define service delivery risks and offer, own, and manage risk mitigation strategies
- Partner with Sales, Solution Architecture, Managing Principals, and other Solution Engagement team members to win new business
- Drive client satisfaction, and service maturity
- Provide monthly and quarterly business reviews
As a managed security provider, Secureworks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of cyber security experience (GRC, MSS, Network Security, Security Design)
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience
- Intimate knowledge of Vulnerability Management platforms
- BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- CISSP certification preferred
- Strong written and communications skills
- Resource Management experience
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, trends and strategy
- Working knowledge of SIEM technologies and Firewalls, IDPS, TCP/IP and other security tools
- Proficient experience working in an ITIL environment
- Organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects and assist/advise support engineers in establishing appropriate priorities as well as demonstrated ability to manage multimillion dollar customer projects and portfolios
- Incident Response experience preferred
- Senior level experience with network technologies and concepts
- Working knowledge/experience of networking, security and applications preferred
Charlotte, NC or East Coast with some travel to Charlotte
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.