Regional Physical Security Systems Program Manager (SRO)
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R95863 Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Regional Physical Security Systems Program Manager
Location: Austin, TX or Remote - US
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
Dell Technologies is building state-of-the-art security programs to better protect our people, information, property and brand. We are currently seeking a Regional Physical Security Systems Program Manager (PM). Dell’s Connected Workplace program promotes finding the best talent to join our team, irrespective of geographic location.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs physical security countermeasures in the assigned region or project (may augment support in other regions) through guideline/standard development, analyses, design, and project management under senior management direction.
- Coordinates the area of physical security and life safety system matters across the assigned region with emphasis on and knowledge of system design and hardware installation services.
- Applies policies, procedures, guidelines and specifications to site- or business unit-specific requirements through conceptual design packages or basis of designs for all new installations or renovations.
- Applies, revises and guides all aspects of established security plans in the assigned region through security standards and guidelines and project management. Aids in the preparation of security policies and procedures in accordance with approved security guidelines and regulatory requirements. Develops and implements detailed procedures and educational material, detailing the proper use and operation of security systems and emergency response actions.
- Assists in development and adherence to security project budgets, consultation for design and installation coordination through risk, threat and vulnerability analysis data.
- Using a thorough knowledge of codes, principles, practices, and techniques, designs detection/protection systems and provides engineering designs and calculations for Dell Technologies’ facilities. Prepares accurate and logical engineering cost and schedule estimates. Performs calculations and studies, prepares analysis and engineering reports, and function as a discipline checker or independent.
- Applies a working knowledge of the precedents, industry standards, principles and practices of physical security, and life safety engineering. Coordinates design with other technical disciplines (e.g., fire protection) to build comprehensive design packages.
- Researches, verifies and recommends, then provides security system project management support for all Company functions with emphasis on intrusion detection, access control, and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems.
- Coordinates activities of protection system installers through the development of technical specifications, minimum installation standards, basis of design documents, system acceptance reviews and daily oversight of activities assuring quality control and program compliance.
- Reviews construction blueprints and performs design take-offs of architectural plans for electronic security systems, technology infrastructures, and low voltage systems.
- Aids in the development of technical specifications and RFPs for all detection/protection and low voltage systems. Assists in determining project scope, writes solicitation documentation, contracts electronic security vendors, and inspects and verifies vendor deliverables against awarded contracts. Guides the process for security design, vendor selection, and system signoff. Hosts security pre-bid meetings on location. Handles communication and oversight of field implementations from start to finish.
- Performs highly advanced and complex reviews of plans and specifications for life safety analysis and hazard analysis to ensure that all new construction, renovation and improvement meet fire and life safety code provisions.
- Conducts surveys and analyses of new and existing facilities to ensure appropriate detection/protection systems and equipment are selected and installed. Evaluates installed systems, prepares detection/protection system design and specifications and provide technical guidance. Establishes reports from site assessments for final security solution and design.
- Coordinates with the responsible Regional Security leader, as well as other internal departments, Dell Digital, Telephony, Corporate Real Estate and Facilities, other service partners and user groups, to ensure system applications are met.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with counterparts in related industries/disciplines to obtain a common understanding of like problems, known solutions and applications of state-of-the-art systems. Attends meetings within and outside of the company with staff and outside organizations to share information and ensure proper countermeasures. Keeps current on changes and developments regarding security regulations, applicable criminal codes, key industry trends, and current issues to ensure continued industry leadership and competitive advantage.
- Interfaces with the appropriate Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) (e.g., Fire Marshals, Workplace Health and Safety Administration and similar), relative to the administration and implementation of the program.
- Provides technical and electronic support of criminal and civil investigative efforts.
- Develops a consensus position within an organization climate of diverse operational activities and often-conflicting regulations imposed by agencies with regulatory jurisdiction.
- Interacts with and guides outsourced system integration partners/management in performing installation, commissioning and testing of detection/protection systems. Responsible for turning over complete and operating installations of systems for each project.
- Performs professional work of substantial scope and complexity based on strong business orientation and strategic thinking with ability to meet projected budgets and identifying areas for value engineering where possible.
- Monitors and meets operational objectives and capital project guidelines; responsible for planning and implementing operational projects in the most cost-effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 6+ years relevant experience; or equivalent experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security organization
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the design and installation of security and protective systems is required
- Knowledge and experience with the concept of working applicable within in-country codes, regulations standards
- Experience managing large-scale Electronic Security System projects and engineering complex systems
- Ability to develop physical security designs for CCTV, access control, intrusion, and intercom systems
- Ability to read and interpret design specification and technical drawings
- Knowledge of developing and evaluating RFP documentation of subcontractor bid proposals
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and the design of low voltage systems.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Proficiency in the preparation of drawings and construction specifications
- English language proficiency - speaking, reading, and writing
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Domestic and international travel (approximately 25%)
- Product and training certifications; i.e., experience with Lenel / OnGuard, Software House, Axis, and Verint
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Relevant experience in managing projects and preparing requests for proposals
- PMP, SIA CSPM, ASIS PSP, ASIS CPP, BICSI ESS, BICSI RCDD are examples of preferred certifications/qualifications but are not required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.