Product Marketing Manager -End User Computing (EUC)- Workspace ONE
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1906700 Date posted May. 23, 2019
Are you super creative? Are you awesome at messaging and positioning? Do you have experience working on communications and strategy? Are you passionate about mobile technology and innovation? If yes---this could be the ideal job for you.
Please read on:
Our team is building the end-user technology platform for the modern workforce, giving people easy access to their applications from any device, powered by the cloud. We’re bringing the same simplicity, effectiveness and awesome user experience of consumer technologies, while offering IT the intelligent manageability and security that enterprises need.
In this Product Marketing Manager role you will be a member of the Product Marketing team responsible for supporting our Workspace ONE platform--the market leading digital workspace solution-- both in terms of market share and analyst recognition.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to customers about our overall digital workspace message holistically. You will partner with BU execs on messaging, positioning, strategy and communications. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, partners and key influencers, while creating super creative and compelling content to help the market understand why VMware is essential to the next generation of end user computing.
This role is responsible for building a compelling value proposition, while consistently driving a bold and differentiated message as this portfolio rapidly expands. We are looking for sharp, creative individuals who like to think differently. This role will play an essential role in executing on a major phase of VMware’s strategy for the enterprise.
This position provides hands-on opportunities to help shape marketing directions and drive execution of global marketing programs. This includes partnering across a broad range of teams, including solutions marketing, campaign marketing, field marketing, executive communications, social media and corporate communications. The optimal individual will have strong product expertise, strategy and communication skills to help execute individually and in partnership with internal teams and executives.
- As the Product Marketing Manager for EUC, you will work with our largest mobile strategic partners – Apple, Google, Samsung – to plan and support high-impact go-to-market activities promoting our joint solutions
- You will work on developing strategies and content – including blogs, demo videos, infographics, presentations, whitepapers, web content, and more -- to increase Workspace ONE awareness and adoption on mobile devices
- You will be the expert of the mobile market, latest operating system updates and competitive landscape
- You will assist with execution of industry and partner conferences and events by creating compelling messaging and product demonstrations to showcase what we can do
- As a team player you will work across various teams, including Product Management, Business Development, Sales, Enablement, Field Marketing, and Technical Marketing to drive successful programs and ensure consistency in brand and messaging
- You will deliver captivating presentations both externally and internally to promote and provide enablement of our platform and our solutions
- The position will require travel up to 15%
- 3-5 years in enterprise product marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations preferred
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with executive communications
- A super creative mind with experience in building our customer programs, campaigns and GTM strategies that wow
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or computer science – or related industry experience
- Exceptional analytical skills, i.e. ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries, and deliver actionable business insights
- Strong project & organization skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence critical stakeholders and to communicate the group's vision and accomplishments
- Consistent record of speaking in front of large internal, external and global audiences
- Familiarity with VMware and Microsoft end user computing products.
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
- Passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media skills
- MBA a plus
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.