New Graduate - Internet of Things Operations - Linux Customer Success Engineer
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1908889 Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
With VMware Pulse IoT Center, we change the world for better, by helping our customers build reliable IoT solutions and manage millions of “Things” as easily as managing one. VMware Pulse IoT solution provides IoT device management capability solution that drives the operational and cost efficiency in deploying and managing IoT infrastructure. It onboards, configures, manages, monitors and secures the unmanned IoT devices and objects in scale. The solution enables pre-register devices in bulk, alerts and notifications, troubleshooting, device configuration, audit log and compliance management through Over The Air (OTA) updates.
Our engineers ensure that our services meet the needs of our customers with the desired levels of reliability, performance and availability by developing continuous improvements, tools, and automation. Do you like the challenge of crafting solutions for meaningful problems and eliminating toil by building automation? We're looking for people who have a passion for technology, have intellectual curiosity, strong business ethics, and great interpersonal skills. VMware is actively revolutionizing the way it delivers software solutions and we need your help!
Job Role and Responsibilities
We have the journey for you!
VMware Internet of Things Engineering group is seeking a Customer Success Engineer (CSE) to join our Next Generation IoT Edge Operations team. The engineer must be flexible and be able to adapt to a range of technologies and frameworks and must be able to support as well as do service monitoring, backups, incident management and support of Pulse IoT Infrastructure, both SaaS and On-Prem. The CSE will work closely with the developers, Infrastructure/cloud administrators, monitoring team, and information security team. The position requires a mix of hands-on development and cloud infrastructure management experience.
Insights into your role.
As a New Graduate Customer Success Engineering you will Monitor and support the Pulse IoT SaaS and on-prem solutions to ensure our services meet stability, performance and 24/7 availability requirements. You will perform pro- and reactive troubleshooting and performance analysis of internal services and cloud environments. You will be responsible for deploying, upgrading and troubleshooting the Service and the Customers’ on-prem installation. A successful applicant must have the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and on a shifted time schedule (from 11:30AM ET). Must have the ability to be on-calls based on shift metrics and business needs.
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related fields
- Proficient in Linux/Unix operating systems
- Good understanding of network basics - routing & switching, TCP/IP concepts, common protocols like DHCP and DNS.
- Understanding of NoSQL Databases – MongoDB, InfluxDB, Consul
- Understanding of Incident Management, Change management, Escalation handling and RCA
- Experience with scripting and automation using Shell and Python programming languages.
- Good team player with collaboration across multiple time zones and geographies
- Familiarity with VMware virtualization products and services such as vSphere, NSX or others
- Some exposure with containers and container orchestrators (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of configuration management tools (at least one of the following: Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef)
- Understanding of Cloud operations and support, working with difference Cloud Service Providers (VMC, AWS, OVH )
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.