McAfee Platform Senior Engineer - Secureworks - Remote
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R74630 Date posted Jun. 05, 2019
McAfee Platform Senior Engineer – Secureworks – Remote
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Knowledge, exposure and experience in email/ web security gateways, endpoints, routers, firewalls, VPN’s and wireless devices. Provide technical support and guidance to a client team of engineers providing day-to-day application support of the McAfee products:
- Checking the queue for tickets
- Implement work order changes
- Daily health check and monitoring of supported applications
- Service improvement suggestions
- SLA and KPIs check
- Service Improvement review and implementation possibilities
- Project status high-level review
- Responsible for understanding customer’s culture, security strategies, security goals, security objectives, security capabilities, and security budget. Resident is also responsible for integrating that understanding with such work as the Resident performs.
- Work with the customer to assist with technical security escalations.
- Keep the customer abreast of problem status, set clear expectations, provide timely follow-up to the customer, and independently handle challenging customer situations on a daily basis.
- Maintain knowledge of current security trends and be able to clearly communicate them to Client
- Possess or be able to obtain and maintain current vendor-specific certifications.
- Minimum of 5 years of Networking and System Administration Experience (Windows/Linux)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing the McAfee Security Suite (ENS & App Control)
- Any of the McAfee Product Specialist Certifications
- Experience with ePO, MGW, DLP
- Experience working with a Managed Security Service Provider
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Experience assisting the development and maintenance of tools, procedures, and documentation
- Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling, and reporting
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.