Global Services Technical Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1907581-2 Date posted Jun. 10, 2019
VMware Global Services is the world’s most proactive, customer obsessed team delivering an unrivaled, end-to-end experience. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
VMware’s Digital Platform group is looking for a passionate technical marketing evangelist to grow our Product & Technical Marketing team. VMware’s products and services are known for their reliability, security and flexibility across hybrid cloud environments. Your work will greatly improve customers’ experience by using advanced data technologies to resolve technical issues before they occur and lower effort across their support journey. You will play a big part in accelerating digital transformation and innovation for our customers and partners.
• Create technical marketing plans with input from with product management, engineering, adoption and other marketing/communication teams
• Scale the awareness and adoption of VMware Skyline, Support Hub, In-Product Support to VMware’s customers, partners, field and product teams.
• Build & deliver content: presentations, videos (e.g. YouTube), demos, whitepapers, tech notes, blogs (personal blog a plus), tweets (and other social media), hand on labs via trade shows, field or customer trainings
• Facilitate technical communications and expert understanding of customer requirements between customers, support, and the field.
• Develop and conduct deep technical level training and enablement to include: self-based training, workshops and boot camps with Technical Support Engineers, Technical Account Managers, Sales & partners. Work with VMware education to facilitate and scale.
• Ensure content (e.g. case studies, enablement materials, blogs, product videos, press releases, competitive differentiation, analyst materials, white papers, sales tools) communicates the unique capabilities of our platform in the customer’s language.
• Drive increased adoption/enrollment rate of VMware Skyline through technical partner relationships like Dell, IBM, DXC, Accenture and others.
• Evangelize and provide oversight of features and best practices that are delivered in VMware Support offerings.
• Be the voice of the customer and flow requirements and feature priority back to product management and engineering.
• Demonstrate both a passion for VMware’s solutions and a deep understanding of the requirements of the cloud market.
• Understanding of proactive support solutions and/or product domain expertise preferred - vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRealize, Horizon and VMware Cloud on AWS, etc.
• 6+ years of experience in technical marketing, support services, professional services, technical management or development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related discipline, military or equivalent work experience
• Willing to travel up to 30% (depending on time of year) to evangelize VMware support technologies and solutions with VMware field, partners and customers.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership and communication skills to drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Active following on social media (twitter, blogs, etc)
• Proven success and experience introducing SaaS support products into the market.
• Proven success building a SaaS support product GTM, technical awareness and understanding.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware