Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R1903890 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Hands-On Engineering Manager
VMware End-User Computing Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by technical leadership, fearlessness, and intense focus on customer success. Our mission is to empower employees to easily access corporate applications, content, email, and more, from any of their devices, while ensuring enterprise grade management and security. We’re always looking to amplify our impact, and work smarter while continuously evolving how software is made. Our work directly impacts over 20 million people across 20,000 customers by delivering the world’s best Enterprise Mobility Management suite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What you’ll do:
Ready to improve the way work is done across the world? The Engineer Manager at VMware showcases your ability to provide technical leadership mixed with people know-how to lead an engineering team while also being trusted to communicate, collaborate, and deliver with other engineering teams, and product managers. You will play a crucial role to enable the Windows 10 modern management story that will have you solving cloud based solutions as well as solutions that land on every Win10 pc shipped out of PC manufacturer factories. The Engineering Manager will:
- Show highly effective, and constructive communication, collaboration, and delivery skills
- Lead a small team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
- Work with engineers on technical, and career growth plans while promoting our values, and culture.
- Climb new technology learning curves while learning the modern device management domain.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders, UX designers, and product managers to build on each other’s ideas to craft effective solutions, and breakdown business problems into actionable work items
- Bring a strong sense of solution ownership through development, and after release
What you’ll bring along:
- BSCS or equivalent required.
- 8+ years relevant experience building internet enabled (web, mobile, services) large scale software products, and services.
- 3+ years of experience building, and managing teams of 6+ engineers.
- Excellent system design, and object oriented skills required.
- Abilities to rationalize the technology choices against the business problem, and engineering team capabilities
- Proven track record providing technical leadership on new software products, and services
- Strong understanding on the what’s and why’s of Agile methodologies with a keen understanding of what a developer needs to be productive
- 6+ years of substantial experience with C#
- Thorough web application, and services based security understanding (oauth2, CORS, SQL Injection, etc.)
- A robust level of practical knowledge around relational databases (performance, scale, security), and T-SQL
What would be great to have:
- Microsoft Graph experience
- Windows 10 Modern Device Management Experience
- Cloud based PaaS usage (Azure, AWS)
- Docker experience desirable
What you’ll get:
- Opportunities for you to work in a strong innovation culture alongside teams consistently leading the markets they are in, and competing against the best software companies there are
- Challenging, and engaging projects that will help change the landscape of corporate IT for the better.
- An authentic career path with a support cast that will help you along your journey
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
- Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance programs, sport activities, and open communication
- Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, team events
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign.