Director, Product & Portfolio Marketing
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R91237 Date posted Feb. 09, 2019
Director, Product & Portfolio Marketing - Secureworks
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, and leading a team of 7 professionals, the Director of Product and Portfolio Marketing will lead all aspects of positioning, launching, bundling and driving revenue for our portfolio of cybersecurity technologies, services and solutions. In addition to the traditional responsibilities for product and portfolio marketing, we are looking for a leader who appreciates the rapid changes in the cybersecurity market, and who is willing to contribute actively to the vision and market impact of Secureworks’ innovative solutions, while actively managing the requirements to maintain, re-position or sunset some of our existing offerings.
- Leads Product Marketing annual planning and priorities, informed by market data, buyer needs, competitive environment and by the company’s Product strategy and roadmap.
- In partnership with our Corporate Marketing & Branding team, leads the messaging (positioning, value proposition, naming) of our suite of solutions and offerings to maximize impact and alignment with our overall messaging.
- Defines the market-facing architecture of our portfolio of services, solutions and capabilities, and the consistent communication of our portfolio through our market-facing and sales-enablement assets (website, presentations, collateral, demos, portal….)
- Owns the overall launch plan for new offerings, with an appreciation for timing and tiering relative to external and internal constraints and opportunities.
- Provides input to product pricing with relevant market perspectives
- Leads the development of support materials for training our sellers on our solutions, collaborating with sales training and with product management.
- Leads the development of impactful market facing presentation materials about our portfolio for analysts, investors, prospects, customers.
- With guidance from our content and demand generation team, and from our sales productivity leads, leads the development and maintenance of key portfolio related content (blogs, videos, white papers, data-sheets, case studies, win stories, …).
- Leads analyst relations function, maintaining relationships with key analysts with an eye to maintain Secureworks’ leadership position with key analysts and building our reputation in newer markets.
- Hands on and engaging leader, who can both coach and guide a high performing team while also diving deep and personally engaging on key initiatives
- Analytical and fact driven, with an ability to support recommendations with relevant internal and external data. Good grasp of financial and accounting metrics critical to effective planning and forecasting.
- Highly collaborative, with demonstrated ability to work well with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, and other support teams
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and keep up with a rapid paced environment
- Experience working with remote team members across multiple geographies. Global mindset.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with an appreciation for context, tone and media
- 5+ years experience in Product or Portfolio Marketing, preferably in Cybersecurity
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re inspired to shape the next generation of technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Location: Atlanta Preferred
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.