Director, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Atlanta, GA Secureworks
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R24749 Date posted Jun. 20, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible for leading SecureWorks’s SEC and all other external financial reporting. This person will work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer and Controller to ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data with the primary focus on the annual and periodic SEC filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
While managing a small team, this individual will interface with a broad range of individuals including executive management, Audit Committee members, the Board of Directors, external auditors and outside legal counsel.
- Complete ownership and management of the SEC registrants' Quarterly and Annual Reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K and Section 16 reports.
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly earnings release and associated filing (8-K).
- Coordinate and manage the content of financial reports that appear on the Company's website.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports to be presented to the Board of Directors.
- Manage the XBRL process during the 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Conduct accounting research on material issues affecting the Company and prepare accounting position memos on those issues and work with accounting team members to develop ongoing processes to support accurate financial reports.
- Review contracts and provide guidance on accounting related to revenue recognition, disclosure, etc.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team.
- Design and draft accounting policies.
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues.
- Assist with management of SOX program and manage compliance with internal controls related to reporting processes.
- Train staff on new developments and new technology in a continuous improvement culture.
- Special projects as requested by senior management.
- 10+ years of SEC external reporting experience
- CPA license is required
- 5-7 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with XBRL
- 5-7 years of experience in managing multiple staff
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting
- Strong accounting acumen and knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong project management experience
- Must have the ability to interact with C-level executives, operations and external auditors
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a Master's of Business Administration Preferred.
- CPA Required with extensive experience in public reporting.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Workiva, preferred.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.