Adversary Group Program Manager - Secureworks - Remote US
Atlanta, GeorgiaJob ID R045187 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Cybersecurity Program Manager - Secureworks - Remote US
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Secureworks Adversary Group (SwAG) is looking for a Cybersecurity Program Manager who will work with Secureworks team members and clients in the growing area of cybersecurity testing services. This role is a part of the broader Security and Risk Consulting (SRC) Organization within Secureworks. The individual in this role oversees the general day to day operations of the Adversarial Testing business unit, assisting the Delivery Managers and Global Director with operational efficiency of the business, as needed and as requested, by the leadership team.
The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact between the SRC Global Operations team, the Finance Operations team, and the SRC Global PMO team for the SwAG business unit. The candidate will also work with others on the team to manage client engagements from initiation to completion and will seek out opportunities to improve efficiency and quality of service delivery with the rest of SwAG leadership. He or She must have experience in consulting services delivery operations, must be analytical and have project/program management experience, or have relevant industry experience in a similar role. Familiarity with back-end business operations and what’s required behind the scenes to recognize revenue, forecast financials, run reporting, creating dashboards, etc. are all a plus.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for the financial operations and the overall back-end management of penetration testing engagements to include Timecard Tracking and follow ups, Cash Flow Management, Project Portfolio Management, Global Operations Tasks and other miscellaneous administrative or operational tasks.
- Administratively manage the entire North American SwAG testing portfolio.
- Monitor consultant capacity with practice Global Director and Resource Coordinators.
- Evaluates and recommends techniques and practices that ensure goal achievement for the SwAG business unit.
- Oversee, establish, and improve delivery governance, methodologies, best practices, procedures and other practice initiatives.
- Serve as a managerial liaison between the senior practice leadership and the rest of the SRC organization and beyond.
- Act as a point of escalation and resolution for customer satisfaction issues and strategic projects.
- Identify pre-sales opportunities and assist with other pre-sales opportunities assigned to you.
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders, including Secureworks Adversary Group leadership, the Resource Coordinators, Project Managers, Sales, Sales Engineering, Product, Marketing, Operations, other delivery practices such as Incident Response and GRC.
- Effectively communicate with clients, peers, leadership and executives on the topic of penetration testing.
- Excel as both a self-directed individual and as a member of a larger team.
- Monitor, track and assist the Practice Director as needed with reviewing and positively impacting the practice KPI’s on a regular basis. KPI’s such as: Revenue, Margin, ACV, Utilization, Pull Through, and much more.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Program Manager, Project Manager or Delivery Coordinator in a technology focused environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing cyber security projects and services
- Minimum 2 years working in a consulting organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and priorities as well as demonstrate ability to manage the volume of a multi-million dollar customer project portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a desire to work with clients to solve complex security issues, including at times of crisis.
- Experience working with global, remote, multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and complete tasks within tight timeframes to meets deadlines.
- High attention to detail with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-starting, proactive, motivated, team player.
- Results orientated and customer focused.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and good judgment in resolving issues.
- Effective at managing conflict and negotiating with both internal company stakeholders and external client stakeholders.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred
- CISSP or other cybersecurity certifications are preferred
- Experience managing projects in a consulting environment
- Experience managing penetration testing projects
- Experience running a P&L and associated financials for a consulting practice
- Cybersecurity Portfolio Management experience
This is a remote position with potential travel up to 15%
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.