Devops Lead / Engineer
ArizonaJob ID R80879 Date posted Nov. 28, 2018
Devops Lead / Engineer
Remote/Home Based-with Travel
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
When our customers are looking for IT consulting expertise, where else would they turn but to the company driving human progress through technology? Our Solutions Architecture team within Professional Services are experts in package customization and integration as well as total, end-to-end solutions in targeted industry segments. After thorough consultation with our customers and careful analysis, we develop new IT systems or replace existing systems that support customers’ strategic, operational and financial goals.
Devops Lead / Engineer
Do you have a passion for DevOps, Continuous Delivery doing real software engineering at velocity? Interested in being an integral part of making DevOps and Continuous Delivery the agile that gets things done for organizations of all sizes? Can you be the navigator in CD/XP teams? Would you like to see the results of your hard work improve large scale deployments of massive portfolios for the largest industry leaders?
Dell Technology is hiring DevOps engineers to lead, develop, coach our customers in building continuous delivery based software release pipelines. In this role, you will lead teams by example to create self-service, fully automated build infrastructures that reduces friction in the development process and improves the quality of customer application portfolios. You will ensure that applications can be continuously released with high levels of confidence while also improving the scalability, reliability, quality and performance of the Continuous Delivery/DevOps build systems. Additionally, you will develop and implement software delivery standards, policies, and procedures in collaboration with client teams and partner to prioritize software configuration needs. As a DevOps Engineer or Lead, you are expert at leading teams, demonstrating devops-in-practice, and building and implementing complex continuous delivery tool chains. Most importantly, you are passionate about helping our customers learn to build awesome every day, cuz that is just what you do.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You’re still hands-on with building modern bits using CD/CI and toolchains
- You can be a driver or a navigator, and know when to be each
- You get Continuous Delivery and know the difference from CI
- You work well within and across teams to deliver high-quality software
- You understand Application Development and the infrastructure you deploy to.
- You are a proven team player, and know how to evolve cross functional DevOps teams to self-organization
- You have a background in software design patterns
- You are a LINUX, LAMP…and .NET aficionado who knows what system administrators, QA and developers need to be able to do to get their jobs done. But you’re not religious about stacks
- You love working in cloud APIs, i.e. AWS, Azure, vSphere/vCloud, OpenStack
- You have built bridges of automation between Ops and Developers to the amazement and delight of onlookers
- You are no stranger to distributed systems and messaging
- You can articulate and debate software architectural decisions and the resulting tradeoffs across cost, performance, reliability, and other factors.
- You have experience building software in a high-level programming language
- You have familiarity with build automation tools, including but not limited to autoconf, automake, make, cmake, lein, grunt, rake, ant
- You are familiar with Distributed and Centralized Version Control, issue trackers, mailing lists, IRC and the other common tools among open-source users and developers
- You believe that the only way to go fast is to go well and regularly consider performance and portability issues, can recognize when refactoring is necessary, and generally care about the details of the craft
- You understand how great software is designed, built, delivered, and maintained, and care passionately about delivering an excellent user experience
- You use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- You get Continuous Delivery and know that we live on main branch. You’ve read the book
- You can have contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a distributed group or team
- Programming skills (Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Large scale infrastructure automation experience
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible Docker Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience with Jenkin/Hudson or other CI tools
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Powershell, and Bash
- Experience working with version control/repos, i.e. Git, Subversion, Artifactory or Nexus
- Experience with test driven development, testing tools and frameworks like JUnit
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Experience working in a professional services or other client facing role preferred
- Experience in automating: LAMP stacks, Microsoft stacks, WebSphere, WebLogic
- 7-10yrs related experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re at the top of your game when it comes to IT consulting, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.