IT Factory Management Advisor
Apex, North CarolinaJob ID R83392 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
IT Business Analyst Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a IT Business Analyst Advisor in Apex, NC.
In a world powered by technology, our customers need their systems and applications to be reliable. That's the remit of our IT App Management team. Both proactive and reactive, we’re responsible for the technical administration of enterprise application suites, including Enterprise Relationship Program and Customer Relationship Manager. We’re experts in undertaking design, support, monitoring and system tuning activities across the entire application stack, including end-user UI, web and application servers and databases. We also analyze software and hardware problems, coordinate workable solutions and perform system software upgrades.
This role involves working with a Global IT team with specific requirements to the Storage facility at Franklin. The individual will be the Single Point of accountability for all of IT for the Dell Franklin Storage Manufacturing Facility and will participate fully in all IT forums both regionally and globally. This role also requires strong Managerial, written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on the execution of any IT deliverables to the facility.
- Accountable to the Manufacturing Director, and as such attends the director’s staff
- Is accountable for the up-time results for the facility and driving all downtime issues to closure
- Participates fully in driving the improvements across IT as required to ensure project delivery and improved up-time - Participates and drives problem management for all critical incidents (Severity 1 / Severity 2) and Change Control for the facility
- Manage communications both regional and global after IT incidents on the daily Business Pulse Calls. - Manage communications with the facility director and IT Senior Management
- Interface between IT and Operations management and gather requirements from business partners and compile the IT project road map
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. General IT expertise and knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Fully participates in the Business Control Room and works closely with the on-site Incident Manager and Control Room to resolve all IT issues
- Represent the detail on projects and be accountable for the deliverables of all projects to the business partner
- Be part of regional and global cross functional teams identifying areas for cross functional improvements will adhere to all IT Standards and SOX Compliance regulations
Typically requires 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. If you can offer expert knowledge of applications programming and design, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.