Presales Product Architect - Connectrix
Amsterdam, NetherlandsJob ID R59848 Date posted Apr. 26, 2019
Advisory Systems Engineer (MDC Product Architect)
The Modern Data Centre (MDC) team is a specialist team, focused on delivering client solutions based on Dell primary storage arrays and converged and hyper-converged infrastructure. The specialist groups within MDC provides deeper knowledge and experience to assist clients, MDC team members and core sales teams achieve their goals. Our Integrated Offerings (IO) Group provides support for technology solutions that span multiple arrays, and includes, CloudIQ, Connectrix, AppSync, SRM, VPLEX, Automation Plugins & future Next gen storage software products based on Cloud Technologies.
We are looking for a highly experienced Presales technologist, with specific experience in SAN connectivity technology, but the role will also include cover other portfolio technologies. The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong SAN technology capability and experience, and also demonstrate ability to assimilate other technologies that they may not be familiar with.
Subject matter expert for the Dell EMC Connectrix product family.
SME will be supporting and enabling Dell EMC Sales, Presales and customers
Engages in a consultative manner providing design and sizing solutions to meet customer’s requirements
- Has deep product knowledge and understanding of practical use-cases for supporting RFPs, customer presentations, advanced workshops, custom demos and PoCs.
- Interfaces with Product Management/Engineering to manage escalations and influence product direction and GTM strategy.
- Leads and enables a Connectrix Champion team.
- Support Sales in ongoing opportunities, complex deals and performance analysis.
- Travel within EMEA will be a strong part of this role, and occasionally outside the region.
- Engages with at all levels within Dell EMC and Technical to CXO levels within the Customer base.
- Detailed product/technology/industry knowledge of Storage and complex SAN fabric architectures
- Good understanding of Dell EMC Primary Storage portfolio (PMAX, XtremIO, SC, Unity)
- Good understanding of Storage Replication/HA products, monitoring and automation products preferably CloudIQ, SRM, AppSync or similar.
- Good understanding of modern workload, CNA & Multi-Cloud.
- Excellent understanding of SAN protocols, concepts and relevant tools. (FC, iSCSI, FICON, FCiP, FCoE, NVMEoF, etc).
- Deep technical understanding of Connectrix family of Directors and Switches products (BSeries, MDS) as well as relevant software tools (CMCNE, DCNM, Brocade Network Advisor, Automation Suites, etc.).
- Experienced in design, sizing, migration and upgrades of complex SAN fabric architectures leveraging the Connectrix product family.
- Experienced in Performance analysis/testing and troubleshooting of Connectrix environments. (Hands-on experience on Connectrix products is a must)
- Experience in running detailed SAN Health checks.
- SAN Expert (EMCTAe), Storage Networking Specialist (EMCDCA), Brocade Certified SAN Professional
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge on DellEMC Storage infrastructure and Storage Management & Automation products would be added advantage.
- Fluent in English and any other European languages desirable
- Self-Motivated and results driven
- Presales experience and Communication skills
- Cross-functional and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to pro-actively engage the field sales teams.
- Ability to react swiftly to developing situations.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.