Field Engineer - Storage
Amsterdam, NetherlandsJob ID R68728 Date posted Jul. 02, 2019
Field Engineer - Storage
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The CI / HCI deployment services organization leads the industry by offering an unmatched portfolio of converged and hyper-converged infrastructure platforms, trusted by over 1,000 businesses and enterprise organizations around the globe to power their IT initiatives.
Field engineer – Storage
The CI / HCI field engineer (Storage) is responsible for the installation, configuration, and integration of VxBlock and VxRack / VxRail systems. This is a customer facing role, also responsible for customer low level configuration workshops, factory logical configuration, and installation and configuration of additional products and components with converged and hyperconverged systems. You will be travelling on an almost weekly basis to customers across Western Europe.
- Conduct Logical Configuration Survey calls with clients, recommending designs based on customer requirements and equipment purchased
- Installation of these systems on-site at customer locations
- Configuration of Vblock storage components, including but not limited to VNXe, VNX, VMAX 10K/20K/40K, Powerpath, MDS
- Comprehensive backup and testing of all installed CI / HCI components
- In-depth Knowledge Transfer of the systems to customers
- Hardware, software and firmware upgrades of the systems and components
- Preparation and completion of required pre and post deployment documentation
- Mentoring of partners in CI / HCI technology and deployment
- Cross-training in all VxBlock components and technologies (virtualization, networking, storage)
- Sales or pre-sales support and qualification
- EMC Proven Professional Specialist Level or equivalent
- 5-10 years industry experience: design, install, configure, support
- Experience installing and configuring EMC storage arrays VNX, VMAX, Powerpath, Cisco MDS or equivalent
- Familiarity with EMC Backup and Recovery Solutions: Recoverpoint, Avamar, Data Domain, and Vplex
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization
- Working knowledge of network protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Professional, dependable, and flexible team player
- Must work well under pressure
- Experienced in management of vendors for hardware and software support and warranties
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Mentoring/Coaching skills
- Understanding of ITIL foundations
If you think you have what it takes to continue the remarkable growth and success of Dell Technologies, we invite you to explore a career with a recognized industry leader. We will give you the chance to learn more and accomplish more, faster than you ever thought possible. The Cloud is waiting. What are you waiting for?
The current position is open in The Netherlands only. We need a Dutch-speaker for our Dutch customer base. Although we will aim to assign you to projects at our Dutch customers first, you will still also need to travel very frequently to other countries in Western Europe.
Onsite deployment is often done in teams of 2 to 3 people so most of the time you will be together with colleagues. The upside of this kind of working is that you will never find yourself in a tedious daily traffic routine to some office – you will either work on customer location or from home.
We are a hard-working bunch of people that ‘get the job done’. We go the extra mile and we certainly have no 9-to-5 mentality. You will have to work hard but you will also be well compensated for that. You will have plenty of opportunity to expand your knowledge, skills and certifications in multiple domains (storage, virtualization, networking).
We would also like to emphasize that this role is of course open to all genders – we are an inclusive company and strive for diversity. Although these technical roles are still very much populated with men, there is absolutely no reason why someone from another gender should not apply for this role. If you love technology, travelling and want to support the top-tier companies in Western Europe, this role could suit you well ! So why not reach out and have a chat to find out more ?